- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
A WITCH'S APPROACH TO LIVING THE OLD WAYS
In The Sabbats, Edain McCoy reveals the eight major holidays of Witchcraft and the many ways in which they are celebrated.
There are two basic types of holidays. The first come at the Solstices and Equinoxes. The others divide the time between those dates in two, resulting in eight major holidays or Sabbats with approximately the same amount of days between them. The balance, here, gives the appearance of spokes in a wheel, so this cycle is commonly called the Wheel of the Year.
The holidays represent two things. First, the harvest cycle. Each holiday represents a time in the growth of crops. From planting to growth, from harvesting to letting the lands lie fallow in the cold winter, the festivals follow the agricultural cycles of ancient times. However, they also represent the eternal love of the God and Goddess, following the God's birth from the Goddess and his death before she gives birth to him again. This also follows the pattern of the Sun which moves from warm and high in the sky to cold and low in the sky.
The book is filled with ways you can follow the Wheel of the Year, whether you work with a coven, with your family, or by yourself. You will learn the secrets of ritual construction and handicrafts appropriate to each of the festivals. You will also learn recipes for traditional foods for each holiday and even songs appropriate to the Sabbats.
This is a wonderful, joyous book filled with color, information, and wisdom. If you are involved with Paganism in any way, this book is a must for your studies and practices. This book functions as both a resource and as a practical manual for the celebration of the holidays.
- When is my order shipped?
- We have two options for shipping. Economy Shipping ships 5-8 business days. Standard shipping is 3-4 Business Days.
- How long will it take to get my order?
- All orders will be able to be tracked as soon as it is shipped. Different locations will vary.
- We will send tracking information to the email address associated with your order once the item has shipped. If you have not received your tracking information and it has been over 2 business days, please contact us at email@example.com
- We will provide you tracking information once your order has shipped. If for whatever reason you do not receive your package, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort it out.
- We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you receive a defective or damaged order, please return it, and we’ll send you a new one as soon as we receive the returned item(s). We will pay return shipping on any damaged or defective order.
- What are your shipping options? Standard & Economy Shipping
Yes. Items will be subject to additional fees
For all returns and exchanges we offer store credit.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.